Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

Sweet and Sour Meatballs


This blog is dedicated to my two sons, and I thought what better way to kick it off with their favourite food - SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS. This dish is a twist to the traditional sweet and sour pork. My boys do not like to chew their food so instead of using pork pieces, I use pork mince (ironic right? since my blog is called LOVE to Cheu.. LOL!)

This dish has everything! Meat and veges.. all you need is a bowl of steamed rice. I love cooking this dish because my boys will guarantee to finish it within minutes! 

So here's the recipe:

Ingredients

500g pork mince 
1 zucchini
1 carrot
1 onion 
1/2 Capsicum
1 cup of baby corns
1 cup of pineapple chunks

Marinade:
1 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
2 teaspoons of corn flour
1/2 teaspoons of pepper

Sauce:
1 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup of thai sweet chilli sauce
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon of sugar


Oil for deep frying

Steps

Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.  Add pork mince to marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 mins. The longer you marinade the meat, the better the meatballs will taste. 

Combine all the sauce ingredients together, and put aside.



Cut the onion and capsicum to chunks. 
Slice both zucchini and carrots to bite size pieces.



Heat the wok with enough oil for deep frying. Use a teaspoon to scoop up the pork mince and roll the mince into balls before dropping them into the hot oil. A good tip to know whether your oil is hot enough is by testing it with a bamboo chopstick. If it starts to bubble, that means the oil is ready. Fry the meat balls until brown. Then drain and set aside.


Leave about 2 tablespoon of oil in the wok and add the chopped onions. Fry these until they are slightly caramalised. Add in your sliced carrots, zucchinis and baby corns. Stir fry until they are half cooked. Now add in the capsicums and pineapple chunks. Continue stirring for another minute as you do not want to over cook the capsicums. 


Add in the sauce, taste and adjust with salt and pepper if needed. Finally add in the meatballs and stir until all is well coated. 


Serve with a bowl of steamed rice. 

Like my boys says.. YUMMY YUMMY IN MY TUMMY..

I hope you will enjoy this delicious sweet and sour meatball dish like my boys do. Feel free to leave us a comment. We would love to know what are your thoughts about this dish.






3 comments:

Jules Q said...

I Love to Cheu on food! Can't wait to try some of these recipes and ideas myself

Jules Q said...

I know you have many more recipes I can't wait to get my hands on!! I'll be checking I out for more soon!!! Also hanging out for pics of more mouthwatering dishes!! Xx

Unknown said...

Thank you Jules